Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This and That

Well, the California Primary elections are over.  The candidates that I really wanted to win, won.  For the most part I did not vote for incumbents.  I did vote for the man who is currently Sheriff and there were a few people where it was "Vote for..." a certain number and there were incumbents in those groups.  Although, I could have only vote for 2 or 3 or however many but, I'm anal.  If it says vote for 6, I'm going to vote for 6.

I am expecting this to be one of the nastier California elections.  Especially between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown as well as Carly Fiorina and Barbara Boxer.  I really, really hope that Meg and Carly win.  But I'm not looking forward to the bombardment of commercials - both negative and positive.  Nor am I looking forward to all of the calls that I expect will be coming.

Although, I have enjoyed some of the "person to person" polling calls.  You know, the ones where someone asks you a series of questions and wants to know if you "strongly agree" "somewhat agree" "somewhat disagree" "strongly disagree" or "no opinion."  The best one was one where the lady asked if I was planning to vote and I asked her if she had a section for "HELL YEAH!"  She laughed for a long time on that one.


I saw some of Joran van der Sloot's confession on TV yesterday.  He is crazy.  He blamed poor Stephany.  He said that if she hadn't been looking up his past, he wouldn't have gotten angry.  Okay, yeah.

Now, I talked to one of the girls at work, who is much younger than I, and asked her if she would Google a guy.  She said that she would, but she would do it when he was not around.  So, maybe, poor Stephany made a small error in judgement...but she certainly did not deserve being killed over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment