Friday, May 28, 2010

Starting Out

I'm going to try this out. I'm not sure how this is going to work out, but what the heck. Hopefully, I will not complain too much about the fact that my mother is crazy - but aren't most mothers?

*******

A little about myself - I'm 41 years old. Born in October.

Never been married. Never dated.

Shy as hell. It's very hard for me to meet new people. While I work retail and am able to chit-chat with customers, that's as far as it goes. I really have a hard time going places especially if I'm going to be alone and I don't know anyone. I try...but often fail.

I live at home with my parents - I've never lived on my own. Sounds pathetic as hell, doesn't it? I do pay rent and have ever since I've held a job. Oops! Better not call it rent. Mommy Dearest hates that. She calls it expenses. She actually had me rewrite a check (while having a screaming fit the entire time) because I wrote "rent" on the memo line.

I enjoy reading. My favorite author is Mercedes Lackey. I have several others: Christine Feehan, Sherrilynn Kenyon, David Weber and more. But Mercedes is my all time favorite. I'm looking forward to her next book in the 500 Kingdom series called Sleeping Beauty.

I enjoy anime. Yup. Japanese cartoons. Which, for the most part, are not dumbed down for the audience. Right now I'm rewatching Ceres: Celestial Legend aka Ayashi no Ceres. Love the story. Not to mention the fact that the hero and love interest name Toya is pretty damned hot!

******

I mentioned my actual age earlier because Gary Coleman the actor died today. He was 42. Born the same year that I was. Really rather scary when people your own age start dying. Not like it doesn't happen every day but... Of course, Gary has had health problems all of his life. Perhaps he was lucky to have lived this long.

******

Obama FINALLY went down to the Gulf Coast to see for himself the Oil Disaster down there. I did notice something - The beach he was on was pretty clean compared to others down there which are just absolutely COVERED with oil. I guess he didn't want to get his shoes dirty. And that British Petroleum hired some people to clean up beaches. There the clean-up crew was - walking down the beach in their nice, clean, white protective suits carrying empty clear trash bags. Oh, and the beach, again, wasn't that dirty. And waddya know, as soon as Obama left, residents in the area reported that BP's clean-up crew left right after. Jerks!

*****

Well, this is all that I can think of for the moment. Like I said, I'll give this a try and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment