Sunday, May 30, 2010

Facebook

Someone I know (Psycho 101) recently said that Facebook is for people who say "Ooh! I saw a bug!"

He's right.

I certainly would not be able to rant about things such as my mother on Facebook. For one thing, my dad has an account and is my Friend. And I'm Friends with other family members, so I'm afraid that if I started letting loose about her...it WOULD get back to her and all hell would break loose.

In fact, just a few minutes ago, she leaned out her bedroom door and demanded...yes, demanded, not asked...if I had something in the washing machine. Which I did. And she continued "Well put it on pause because I'm going to get a shower!"

Now, in and of itself, what she said may not seem that bad. But it was said in a nasty tone of voice. No please. No thank you. Just a nasty demand. And it's not like I was doing laundry during her "shower time" on purpose. It was 8:30 am...and she usually sleeps until 9:30 am or 10 am.

And this is how she talks to me most of the time. Of course, if I forget to say something politely...it causes a screaming fit. Her face distorts into looking like an evil gargoyle. She gets bright red in the face. Sometimes I think that she's going to stroke out the way she carries on.

And she freaks out over little things. Wet dishcloths. Weird things. Laundry left (accidentally) in the washer/dryer. (Which is hypocritical on her part because I can't tell you how many times I've gone to do my laundry and her crap is still in the washing machine or dryer.) I can't begin to describe the things she has a screaming fit about.

The long and short of it: My mother is crazy and I can't tell anyone about it because they'll think I'm lying. I can't tell you how often I've had people who "know" her, tell me how lucky I am to have a mother like her. I have to bite my tongue and keep myself from saying "You don't live with the bitch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment